The HR Specialist assists the HR Manager with any general employment activities. Specifically, this position ensures all company compensation, benefits, personnel relations, and employment recruiting regulations are compliant with local, federal and state laws. The HR Specialist primarily oversees all hiring and onboarding functions. Additionally, this position leads FLPPs safety committee in an effort to ensure all company safety standards and procedures are in compliance. Requires weekend work May - August.
- Processes information pertaining to HR/Payroll in HRIS and additional third-party software as appropriate.
- Prepares and maintains employee files, records and information.
- Assists with other HR duties related to benefits,
Recruitment & Onboarding:
- Follows recruiting plan execution for each department.
- Collaborates with managers to develop recruitment strategies as needed and verify accuracy of job descriptions.
- Processes incoming application and resumes using Paylocity.
- Conducts necessary screening process for applicants (i.e., phone screening, interview applicants, reference/background check, drug screening in accordance with SOP)
- Creates offer letters for employment.
- Conducts new hire orientation and completes paperwork
- Verifies new hire paperwork is completed and uploaded into Paylocity
- Facilitates training for new hires with managers.
- Follows up with new hire on status of training progress.
- Works with managers and supervisors to ensures that all department training needs are met and current.
- Coordinated with FLPP staff to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Ensures all policies are followed and enforced for outside agencies; including but not limited to DOL, EEOC, and OSHA.
- Keeps all required safety records and documentation current and up-to-date.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
Experience in Human Resources is preferred.
HR Certification Preferred (PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP)