Associate Director of Student Engagement Student Engagement
Hobart and William Smith Colleges
Reporting to the Director, the Associate Director serves as a full-time, 12 month administrative professional in the Student Engagement Center. The Student Engagement Center promotes the importance of being a member of a diverse residential community and supports student clubs, provides comprehensive programs and activities, and develops student leaders to create a vibrant campus experience.
The Associate Director works collaboratively with campus colleagues to plan, promote and deliver a robust calendar of social and educational programming to cultivate an active social life and nurture student leadership development on-campus, including the residential community. The Associate Director will have responsibilities to support a comprehensive residential program with direct supervision for professional staff members.
- Develop and coordinate comprehensive department co-sponsored events and activities
- HWS Engage: oversee and develop this management system for all clubs and organizations related to club registration, rosters, finances, event planning, and event attendance.
- Orientation: help to develop and coordinate our new student and transfer student orientation programs. Collaborate to coordinate the online orientation program and in-person experience.
- Retention Efforts: access first year and transfer programs in order to innovate beyond best practices and ensure programmatic offerings assist in student transition to academic and co-curricular life at HWS. Collaborate with staff on our extended orientation program called Kaleidoscope.
- Student Leadership Summit and on-going leadership training: leadership development and student organizational development.
- Homecoming/Family Weekend: collaborate with campus constituents to coordinate student events during the weekend.
- Winter Wonderland: coordinate campus wide welcome for spring semester.
- Social Event Management: coordinate TIPS training for students. Review social event requests.
- Campus Collaborations: to support overall campus programming and act as a representative of the office on campus committees.
- Senior Week Planning Committee
- Concert Advisory Board
- Various Clubs
Bachelor’s degree required/Master’s degree preferred in Higher Education Administration, College Student Personnel, Counseling or a related field plus 3 to 5 years of related experience. Should be familiar with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint and should be knowledgeable of popular social media applications such as Facebook and Instagram. Energy and enthusiasm for working in a collaborative, vibrant, and creative environment is a must. Sense of humor and flexibility with the day-to-day activities and demands of a residential campus will be beneficial.
OTHER INFORMATION: This is a full-time, 12-month, administrative-salaried, benefits-eligible position. Normal campus office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours are required. This position description is not all-inclusive, as other tasks or responsibilities may be assigned.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume and the names with contact information of at least three (3) professional references to our application service, Interfolio http://apply.interfolio.com/84731
If you have a question or need help on uploading your application materials, please contact Interfolio's support team at email@example.com or call 1-877-997-8807 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. through 6 p.m., EST, Monday through Friday.
Hobart and William Smith Colleges are committed to providing a non-discriminatory and harassment-free educational, living and working environment for all members of the HWS community, including students, faculty, staff, volunteers, and visitors. HWS prohibits discrimination and harassment in their programs and activities on the basis of age, color, disability, domestic violence victim status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected under the law. Discrimination on the basis of sex includes sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual assault, and other forms of sexual misconduct including stalking and intimate partner violence, and gender-based harassment that does not involve conduct of a sexual nature.
Hobart and William Smith Colleges are a highly selective residential liberal arts institution located in a small, diverse city in the Finger Lakes region of New York State. With an enrollment of approximately 2,200, the Colleges offer 62 majors and minors from which students choose two areas of concentration. Creative and extensive programs of international study and public service are also at the core of the Colleges’ mission.